Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WHO KNEW?


NOBODY KNEW ABOUT 9/11?
Johann Wagener 2-4-13

I know. I know. I’m going to hear from folks asking, “why are you bringing 9/11 up again?” That’s old news. Osama is dead. Isn't bringing it up once a year (on 9/11) out of respect for the dead enough already?!

Please, bear with me for a moment. 

I’m bringing up 9/11 because there’s a group of neo-cons out there feverishly at work looking for ways to start another war or two and I'm afraid they may succeed.

So, this is a heads up. A friendly reminder of how this country ended up being bogged down in 2 (not 1) decade long wars, and how we are on the verge of going for a 3rd disaster.

So, bear with me here;
If I got the story straight, there were about a dozen bad guys with Saudi passports putting in place a plan, masterminded by Bin Laden, (the guy Bush allowed to slip away at Tora Bora) to attack the USA. And, if memory serves me right, Condi Rice handed George W. a CIA memo a month before the attack that read like this, and I quote;

Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US

Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate Bin Ladin since 1997 has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the U.S. Bin Ladin implied in US television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."

After US missile strikes on his base in Afghanistan in 1998, Bin Ladin told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington, according to xxxxxxxxxxx service.

An Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) operative told an xxxxxxxxxx service at the same time that Bin Ladin was planning to exploit the operative's access to the US to mount a terrorist strike.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/images/04/10/whitehouse.pdf

Now, that sounds pretty straight forward, don’t you think? I guess not to those in charge given that GWB and Condi read and discarded it. I guess they thought it was just idle “chatter,” not worth the time to look into.  Who knew?

Now, comes the 2nd act of this Shakespearean tragedy.

Again, please bear with me here!

Imagine your behind the counter at some “flight training school” in Somewhere America and a few guys with a slight middle eastern accent come in, throw a briefcase on the counter, open it, show you a stack of cash, and say, “can I get flight lessons here?” “Sure can”, the instructor says, to which the Middle Eastern looking guy responds, “how long will it take to learn how to get a jumbo jet in the air”?  I don’t need to learn how to land.”  

What would you think? How would you respond? 

What do you think the guy behind the counter was thinking? We do know how he responded given the events of 9/11.

That being said, all I’m asking you to do is wrap your head around what happened in these 2 situations and see if you can answer the question; “Who Knew?, When did they know it?, and how much did they know?” 

Good luck!


Keep it in mind the next time you have to decide to support another war or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment