Sunday, February 3, 2013

DEAR MR. La PIERRE


DEAR MR La PIERRE!
Johann Wagener 2-3-13 

 I woke up this morning thinking about Wayne La Pierre. No, not like that! Get your mind out of the gutter!

What got me to thinking about Mr. La Pierre were the comments he made recently when, in his staunch reassuring way, he told members of a Congressional Committee investigating gun control that, “the only thing to can stop “bad” people with guns are “good” people with guns.” That got him both cheers and boo’s depending on whose side the audience was on. 

But for me, it got me to thinking. So, after a few weeks of letting the thought incubate, if you will, I came up with one question for Mr. La Pierre and his fans.

Mr. La Pierre, would you answer this question for me?

If the solution to our gun problem are “good” people with guns stopping “bad” people with guns, please explain, how do we tell the difference between the “good” one’s and the “bad” one’s?

Will they be wearing T-shirts that say “I’m One of the “good” guys?”

Or will everyone be wearing a different colored arm band like in those war games the military put on?

Or, are we going to be able to tell by their skin color? Will that give them away?

Maybe it could be the color of their clothing? Are they wearing a hoodie? Or playing their music too loud?

I need some guidance here Mr. La Pierre so that when I take myself and my kids to a movie or the mall; or school, I’ll be able to know who my target is.

It’s not like the old days when I could pick out the good guys because of the uniforms and badges they wore. Back then I could just assume that the rest of the folks; except for maybe a “disturbed” few, were just like me (at least sort of) going to take in a movie, or do some shopping.  

This is going to be much more difficult if you have your way Mr. La Pierre, which is why I’m asking for an answer to my question. 

Should I just use the “stand your ground” guidelines so that when I “perceive” that someone is a “bad” guy, I can pull my Bushmaster and empty a 100 round clip into them? 

I need to know Mr. La Pierre, because I don’t want to waste all that ammo by mistakenly mowing  down one of the  “good” people.

I need to know that, like the guy in Florida a few months back, that I can “stand my ground” if perceive that someone playing their music too loud is one of the “bad” ones? Read more here: http://www.politicususa.com/man-killed-florida-teen-loud-music-alters-story-fit-stand-ground.html

If you answer this question for me Mr. La Pierre I’ll back you and the NRA 100% in your battle against gun control.

Just so you know, I’m not going to hold by breath while waiting for an answer because I don’t really expect one anytime soon, if ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment