Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MESSAGE TO THE 1% FROM THE 1%


THERE ARE THOSE IN THE 1% WHO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF PATRIOTISM AND ARE WILLING TO SHOW THEIR APPRECIATION AND GRATITUDE TO THE 99% WHO MADE THE AMERICAN DREAM POSSIBLE. 

The Patriotic Millionaires have this to say:
"I start this year with a substantial bump in my taxes. In fact, the over-night increase in my taxes is itself more than the annual income of almost anyone I know.  It won’t impact my lifestyle or outlook or enthusiasm for employing people a bit. In fact, the very thought of this brings me joy. Looking out my window as I type, seeing trees, mountains, the Puget Sound, shipping, church spires, the bustle of a classic small American town starting up a new year on a frosty morning, my spirit is buoyed by the thought that business men like me are being called upon to put a little more back into the community and economy that enabled us not only to produce what we have produced so far but that gives me a stable and enjoyable world in which to enjoy the fruits of my hard labor.  I celebrate the opportunity to empower our society through progressive taxation."
- Rick Steves, travel writer, TV host, tour organizer and Patriotic Millionaire, Edmonds, WA

"This is going to be a great year for the economy, thanks to the 'job creating' increase in tax rates on the wealthiest taxpayers.  The reaction of the markets to the Fiscal Cliff deal is immediate proof that higher tax rates on the wealthiest taxpayers will not 'kill jobs' or tank the economy.  In fact the opposite will be true and investors in the stock market know it."
- Frank Patitucci, CEO of NuCompass Mobility and Patriotic Millionaire, Pleasanton, CA

 "Passage of this bill to avoid the 'fiscal cliff' is good for the United States and the world. It is only right that those of us who have had such good fortune understand our responsibility to pay more in taxes to benefit those less fortunate. This is the American way."
- Michael Alexander, Founder of Student Financial Aid Services, Inc. and Patriotic Millionaire, El Macero, CA

"By its very nature, compromise means that you don't get everything you want.  Those of us in the business world have a different name for compromise: we call it a win/win.  There will be cynics aplenty on both sides who will find fault in the small print, but from my standpoint, this is a solid agreement that moves the country decisively in the right direction both on deficits and tax fairness."
- Tal Zlotnitsky, CEO of iControl Systems and Patriotic Millionaire, Trinity, FL

"I'm delighted. This will help give lower income  families a chance to make it up the ladder as my coal miner father had when I was young."
- Fred Rotondaro, Patriotic Millionaire, Washington, DC

 "While, in my view, this is only a start, it is at least that; a start. And while I recognize that our primary focus has been on the taxation side of this equation, called in Washington's new term, revenue, the real intent needs to be more about the total dollar return on both reduction AND revenue. I think that the world, Wall Street and smart, thinking people are looking for 4-6 trillion dollars over the next decade. This is far short of that. But it is a start."
- Stephen Prince, President and CEO of Card Marketing Services and Sterling Card Solutions and Patriotic Millionaire, Nolensville, TN

 "Happy to do our part. Now it's time to get to the real structural budgetary issues that threaten our economy. We are nowhere near done yet and the entitlement system needs reform."
- Emanuel Stern, Patriotic Millionaire, New York, NY

"All I can say is that it's about time! Now to begin closing some of the entitlements that we who are wealthy enjoy."
- Judy Pigott, Patriotic Millionaire, Seattle, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment