Friday, November 23, 2012

THE REPUBLICAN HEALTH CARE PLAN

The Mitt Romney/Republican health care plan just hit home personally;

After an unfortunate situation in which I ended up in my local hospitals Emergency Room this last August today I received a statement from them. Fortunately, being on a Medicare Advantage plan my part of the bill was $50.00.

Had I not been covered by insurance and as Mitt Romney stated in explaining the adequacy of our healthcare :

Quote - In his interview with CBS News’ “60 Minutes” that aired Sunday night, Republican  presidential candidate Mitt Romney pointed to emergency rooms as a form of health care for people without insurance. 
“Well, we do provide care for people who don’t have insurance,” Romney told interviewer Scott Pelley. “If someone has a heart attack, they don’t sit in their apartment and — and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care.”
Guess what? Under Romney's (Republican) plan my bill would have been $10,088.50!
That's for around 6 hours in an observation room, an MRI, a few blood tests and, a total of about15 minutes with a physician. 
Now, you might say, what are you complaining about? You didn't have to pay it. My question is, then who paid it? The answer is, YOU, the taxpayer which under Romney's plan would have continued being the only option for the uninsured and, as I just found out, even for those who are insured. A $10,000 bill for a 6 hour hospital stay  for observation and a few tests is not what I would call a rational way to provide healthcare. Romney/Ryan think it is.
I would really be interested in how the anti Obamacare folks would rationalize this. 

read (see) more; http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/09/24/romney-calls-emergency-room-a-health-care-option-for-uninsured/



No comments:

Post a Comment