Wednesday, January 14, 2015

THE 1% ACCUSES POPE OF PAUPERISM

There are those in the 1% community who are going on the offensive by accusing Francis of pauperism rather than acknowledging they chose to ignore the Gospel's teachings and confirming which ''master" they serve..




(NCR) Pope Francis strongly defends his repeated criticisms of the global market economy in a new interview released Sunday, rebutting those who accuse him of “pauperism” by saying he is only repeating Jesus’ message of caring for the poor.

“Jesus affirms that you cannot serve two masters, God and wealth,” Francis states in the interview, bluntly asking: “Is it pauperism?”

“Jesus tells us that it is the ‘protocol’ on the basis of which we will be judged, it is what we read in Chapter 25 of Matthew: I had hunger, I had thirst, I was in prison, I was sick, I was naked and you helped me: dressed me, visited me, you took care of me,” the pontiff continues.

“This is the touchstone,” he states, asking again: “Is it pauperism? No, it is the Gospel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment